2/1/21: Reflection

 Today we analyzed a poem by Langston Hughes titled The Negro Speaks of Rivers. When he first began reading, my mind was empty and I was genuinely so confused about the meaning of the poem. As we broke the poem into pieces and began working as a class to understand it, I realized the true importance of the poem. The poem made me once again think about how black people are treated less than everyone else when we were the first on the planet. I enjoyed the repetition the author used to emphasize what he believed was important. Likewise, I enjoyed his use of rhetorical devices such as his use of personification in line 7. My thoughts throughout the whole period were centered around the creativity of black authors during those times, and the strong powerful meanings in their work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last blog post.. til august

my partner was STRUGGLING

last prompt