unrealistic expectations

 Class today was alright. We went to breakout rooms to do step 3 of our project. We had to pick a subtopic that we wanted to do for our introduction. Personally, I wanted to do unrealistic expectations that social media attributes to, but Arian and the other girl chose mental health issues because they believed it was the easiest one. I thought our subtopic unrealistic expectations would be better because, to me, it'd be easier to talk about the way people expect to have excitement in their life 24/7, even though life as a whole is quite mundane to say the least. Also, if we did unrealistic expectations we could've easily talked about the pressure there is on people to look, act, and feel a certain way. PLUSSSSSS we could've combined social media with how it highlights certain experiences whether good or bad, and also point out the way it has caused us to view relationships. I understood their reasons for choosing mental health issues but in my head I'm like "...okay???? mental health issues are a factor when discussing the abuse of social media, specifically depression. But do they feel the way they do about their life because they have UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS as to what their life is supposed to be like?" Do y'all get where I'm going with this? Not saying that unrealistic expectations is the only factor when arguing the causes of depression, I'm just saying we could've connected so many ideas with this subtopic.. that's just my opinion though. Me and Arian took a while to figure out the sentence to start with, because we had different ideas on how to start it. I didn't like the idea that Arian gave so instead of throwing it out the window I tried to kind of incorporate both of our ideas in the first sentence, and basically reword it a little bit so we'd both agree on it. She didn't like that and she didn't want to continue going back and forth on it, so she forced me to tell her the previous sentence that I came up with. We didn't even end up using my idea for the first sentence because the second sentence literally contradicted it. I felt like she was mad and irritated the whole time after that, so it made me not want to give any more suggestions on the other sentences. But, I couldn't do her like that because one girl in our group barely ever talks, and the other one hasn't been here. It's just the draft though, so as we continue to do it I'm sure we'll agree on it at the end. 

Comments

  1. Yeah I get what you're trying to say, and I think that social medias expectation and mental health k go hand in hand. You guys can incorporate into a paragraph where you say the cause and effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, I wish I saw your comment sooner.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

last blog post.. til august

my partner was STRUGGLING

last prompt